Texas Literacy Initiative Grant Goals
1. Increase the oral language and pre-literacy skills of participating preschool children.
2. Improve the performance of participating K-2 students on early reading assessments.
3. Increase the percentage of participating students who meet or exceed proficiency on the state English language arts assessments in grades 3 through 12.
4. Increase the use of data and data analysis to inform all decision making in participating districts, campuses, classrooms, and early learning settings.
5. Increase the implementation of effective literacy instruction through Literacy Lines.